Zeus was king of the gods, the god of sky and weather, law, order and destination. He was portrayed as a man of majestic and mature with sturdy figure and dark beard. His usual attributes were a flash royal scepter and eagle.
Some of the most famous myths with the god include:
- His birth and upbringing in the cave Diktaion where he was nursed by Amalthea and monitored by the shield Curetes clash;
- Titan War, where he defeated the Titanes, and the prisoners were to Tartarus;
- Your fight with Typhon, a hundred heads, a giant monster that tried to capture the sky;
- War Giants, who attempted to storm Olympos but were killed Zeus and the gods;
- The Great Flood, when he flooded the earth to destroy mankind and begin the world again;
- His conflict with Prometheus over the theft of charity to mankind;
- The penalty for Salmoneus, Tantalus and Ixion, men who offended God by their wickedness;
- The birth and life of Herakles, his favorite son, he was transferred to Olympos to death;
- His extramarital affairs with women such as Leda, seduced, in the form of a swan, Europe, like a bull, Danae as a shower of gold, Kallisto, such as Artemis, and Antiope as a satyr;
- The Trojan War, where he led from start to finish, including the casting of the golden apple of discord.
Place of birth of Zeus: Zeus is the most commonly believed born in a cave of Mount Ida is the island of Crete, where he took the country on Europe on the beach and Low. Cave Cave Diktaean Psychro or above the Lassithi Plain is also said to be his hometown. His mother is the father of Cronus and Rhea, things went Rocky begins Kronos, fear of abuse, children are eating, Rhea. Finally, he got wise after the birth of Zeus and subsituted banded rock and a snack with her husband. Zeus, was conquered by his father and freed the brothers, who were still living in the stomach Kronos’.
The tomb of Zeus: Unlike the mainland Greeks, Cretans believed in Zeus is dead and risen every year. Its “grave” was said to be Juchtas the mountains just outside of Heraklion, where the mountain from the west shows a giant man lying on his back. Minoan peak sanctuary is crowned by mountains and can be visited, but these days has to share space with the cell phone towers.
Joint Zeus: Hera in most stories, Europe, at least among the Cretans, Leto, mother of Apollo and Artemis, Dione, mother of Aphrodite at Dodona. Here is a picture of Zeus: Dodona that
Children: Many, many of them. Hercules is a famous child. Dionysus is another, and so Athena
Basic story: Zeus is the king of the gods of Olympus, struggling with his beautiful wife, Hera, and fall to the ground in a variety of disguises to seduce girls that attracts his fancy. On a more serious side, there is a God who is creator sometiems considered too favorable to humanity by his colleagues.
Interesting fact: Some experts believe that all the names of Zeus, actually refers to Zeus, but refer to the corresponding Greek deities, a popular local areas. Kretagenes Zeus Zeus was born in Crete.
The “Clash of the Titans” movie Zeus associated with the Kraken – Kraken but the non-Greek is not a part of the traditional mythology, Zeus.
Read More articles and see the pictures about greek gods and greek goddesses: